This Mussels with Chilli and Lemon Pangrita Recipe is only 1 Smartpoints value per serve – such a great option for a light meal.
Ingredients (serves 48)
- 1.5kg pot-ready mussels
- 2 x 35g slices day-old wholemeal bread, torn
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- 1tbs finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Remove any beards from mussels (see note).
- Bring 1 cup (250ml) water to a simmer in a large saucepan over high heat. Add mussels and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until mussels have opened (discard any that do not open). Drain. Remove and discard the empty shell from each mussel. Use a small sharp knife to loosen mussels from remaining half-shells.
- Process bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic, chilli, rind and oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon breadcrumb mixture over mussels. Place on prepared trays. Bake for 8 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.