If you don’t feel like baking but you do need to whip up a sweet treat, you are going to love this No Bake Chocolate Banana Pie. Ready in less than 30 minutes and only a few basic ingredients.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 packet Digestive Biscuits
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 4 Bananas
- 250ml Whipping Cream
- 250ml Double Cream
- 1/4 cup Pure Icing Sugar
- To make your No Bake Chocolate Banana Pie, first blitz the digestive biscuits, caster sugar, cocoa powder and butter together in a food processor until the mixture holds together when pressed down.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a flan/pie dish with removable base (or just use a pie dish or baking tray if you don't have this). Aim for an even layer for the base and ensure your biscuit mix also comes up the sides of the tray.
- Place the biscuit base into the fridge to begin setting the butter in the biscuit base.
- Whip the whipping cream until you have nice stiff peaks in your cream. Sift in the icing sugar and then very gently stir through the double cream.
- Remove the base from the fridge and layer with finely sliced bananas - ensure you get a nice even layer of banana over the entire base of your No Bake Chocolate Banana Pie.
- Spoon the cream mixture over the top of the banana then sprinkle with sifted cocoa powder.
- If you have any cream remaining, place in a bowl and add extra to serve.