Ingredients (serves 6)
- 250 grams Plain biscuits, crushed (ginger nuts work nicely)
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 tbls Golden syrup or honey
- 200 grams NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Chocolate Melts
- 100 grams NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Chocolate Melts
- 300 grams Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Base/crust: Melt the butter with the syrup or honey in the microwave. Combine together with the crushed biscuits. Press mixture into the base and sides of your chosen tin. I like to use two loaf tins (one for now, the other for later), lined with baking paper. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Filling: Melt the chocolate for approximately 2-3 minutes in the microwave, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Meanwhile, beat the cream with the vanilla until just stiff. Fold the chocolate into the cream and then pour evenly into the prepared tin. Refrigerate until set, approximately 2-3 hours.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with cream, raspberries and sifted icing sugar.
Notes... Cooking time does not include setting/chilling time. This recipe could easily serve more depending upon how big you slice it!