I love this One Bowl Banana Cake recipe because its so quick and you just throw everything into the saucepan. I hate having to cream butter etc. I usually triple this recipe and then cut into slices , cling wrap them and throw into the freezer.
The kids love taking it for morning tea. It also means I have cake on hand for the friends that drop in for a cuppa. I have even changed the bananas for apples or another fruit and it works just as nicely.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 125 gms Butter
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence (works without)
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Remove saucepan from heat and put in mashed bananas.
- Add egg and mix well. Stir in flour, add milk and mix lightly.
- Bake at 170 C for around 40 mins.