This is the easiest recipe I know – simply throw everything into a pot and walk away for 20 minutes. Add some quick and easy chopping just before serving and you have a meal that everyone will eat. I don’t have much in my repetoire that everyone in the house is happy with. This tops the list. I always add some chilli to my husband’s soy sauce for a bit of zing and keep the spring onions on the side because the kids don’t like it.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 - 8 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 Slices of fresh ginger (or you can cheat with a few tsp of crushed ginger)
- A healthy splash Soy Sauce
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 2 stalks Spring onions, sliced
- Put all ingredients except for celery, spring onions and coriander into a heavy based pot with the chicken thighs on top. Try to ensure that the rice is evenly distributed so that it cooks evenly (just stir it with a spoon before plonking the chicken thighs on top).
- Cook as per the absorption method on the side of the rice packet. Come back 20 minutes later and dish it out and put the celery, spring onions and coriander on top with some extra soy sauce on the side for those who want it.