A moist and tasty orange cake with dates
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 large oranges (peel and juice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the baking powder to the flour and then alternate adding flour and buttermilk.
- Stir in the peel, juice and dates.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Notes... You can also use raisins instead of dates. The cake will cook as one large cake or several smaller ones (takes the same time to bake).