Something a little different to try! Super moist and light and fluffy, this Orange Juice Cake will be a hit at your next gathering!
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 1 box Plain Vanilla Cake mix (I used the home brand)
- 1 packet Orange jelly
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Fresh orange juice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 TBS Orange zest
- 1/4 SR flour *MAY NOT BE NEEDED- ONLY ADD IF MIX IS TOO RUNNY*
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C and line a cake pan (I used a springform pan) with baking paper
- Combine the Cake Mix, Jelly, Oil, Orange Juice, zest and Eggs in a mixing bowl, and beat for 2 minutes. Make sure the sides are scraped down to incorporate all the mix scraping the bowl regularly.
- If the mixture is too runny, add in the extra ¼ cup of SR flour and thoroughly mix it in to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake 40- 55 minutes or until springy when you touch the cake. If cake starts to brown too much on the top while cooking, lightly cover with alfoil to stop this.
- Remove from the oven – let stand 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
- You can make a glaze for this cake using 1 cup Icing Sugar and 2 TB Fresh Orange Juice mixed together, or just dust with icing sugar