You can’t get much easier than this. These truffle balls are rich, decadent and totally delicious.
Ingredients (makes 40 balls)
- 300 gm Oreo Cookies
- 250 gm Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Your Favourite Liqueur
- 250 gm Milk Chocolate (for dipping)
- 2 tablespoons Grated Chocolate or Chocolate Sprinkles (for decoration)
- Crush cookies to fine crumbs (I did this in a large snap-lock bag, with a rolling pin, to minimize the mess). Place cookie crumbs in a large bowl, add softened cream cheese and liqueur, and mix really well.
- Roll into balls about the size of a 10 cent piece, and place on a foil-lined tray in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave until it's melted and really smooth.
- Using a skewer, dip each ball in melted chocolate & place on another foil-lined tray, and sprinkle balls with a little grated chocolate. The balls are ready to serve as soon as the chocolate shell hardens.