A hearty comfort food.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 large pieces beef osso buco
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms
- 375g portabello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 1/4 cup gravy powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Coat beef all over in flour, shake off excess. Add the oil to the inner pot of your slow cooker and press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press start (Do not close lid). Cook beef in batches until browned all over, set aside.
- Cook onion in the inner pot, stirring until onion softens. Add stock to the onions then mushrooms. Place the beef on top, gently pressing down.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 8 hours or cook on MEAT/POULTRY in PRESSURE COOKER MODE on your Philips All-In-One Cooker. Press start.
- Combine Cream and gravy powder in a jug then. Carefully remove the Beef from the cooker and set aside. Press SAUTE/HIGH TEMP on your All-In-One Cooker, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press start (Do not close lid). Check seasoning and adjust if needed. At the end of the 10 minutes add in the beef and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Serve with mashed potato, pasta or bread to mop up the lovely sauce.