A hearty and tasty meal that I created to save me time… throw everything in the pot and cook – that's it!
The porterhouse becomes very tender and falls apart, and is a big hit in our place!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 piece per person Porterhouse meat
- 1 large onion chopped into wedges
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 250-300 ml Beef stock
- 2 Carrots cut into thick rounds
- Dried Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper
- drizzle oil
- 1/2 - 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed garlic - to your liking
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees celcius (I use fan forced)
- Place all ingredients into a large baking dish with a lid, and place into pre heated oven for 1.5 hours, checking after every 30 minutes and adding more liquid if necessary.
- Serve with roasted veggies, steamed greens or mashed potato