The Pancetta Pork Loin with Lemon & Chilli Rub is an absolute hit for dinner parties, big group get togethers or even on the bbq. The Pancetta adds another flavour dimension and keeps the pork loin beautifully moist during cooking.
Ingredients (makes 6 pork loins)
- 6 pork loin slices (3 - 4cm thick)
- 6 full rashers of pancetta
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 Small red chilli, finely chopped (or dried chilli flakes)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black, Red or Green Pepper, ground
- Sprigs Fresh herbs, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine olive oil, sea salt, pepper, lemon zest and chilli in a mixing bowl.
- Add the pork loin pieces and coat well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan forced).
- Slice the pancetta so that the rasher is the same width as the pork loin all the way through. Wrap the pancetta rasher around the loin and secure with a toothpick.
- Place all pork loins into an ovenproof baking dish and cook until just done (juices will run clear when tested with a skewer). Depending on your oven and the thickness of the loins, this should be 20 - 30 minutes.
- To serve, add a fresh sprinkle of lemon zest, a few tiny pieces of bright red chilli and a few sprigs of sage or rosemary (or both).