These smell heavenly with their sweet passionfruit aroma. Bound to please!
Ingredients (makes 10 biscuits)
- 30ml Passionfruit juice, strained (I got this from 2 passionfruits)
- 220g Unsalted butter, softened
- 100g Pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Plain flour
- 75g Cornflour
- 60g Unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
- 1 cup Pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 TBS Passionfruit pulp
- Preheat the oven to 140°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place passionfruit juice, butter, icing sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and pale. Add flour and cornflour and beat until it forms a smooth dough.
- Working with 1 TBS for each biscuit, roll the dough into 20 small balls and place on baking trays, 3cm apart. Flatten the balls slightly with a fork dusted with flour.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway, for 30 minutes or until slightly firm. Cool on a wire rack. Remove before they become golden brown - they don't need to be showing much colour at all
- For the icing, place the butter and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and pale. Stir through the passionfruit pulp until combined.
- Spread icing over one biscuit, then sandwich with another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits.