Passionfruit slice is perfect for picnics, or an afternoon tea. It has a beautiful biscuit base and the topping is deliciously sweet and creamy. Great for school fetes too!
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 100 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cans (395 gram size) condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and Line a rectangular or square slice pan with baking paper (16 x 26 cm).
- Sift the flour into large bowl. Add coconut, caster sugar and melted butter. Mix together until it forms a dough (using your hands makes it easier - give the job to a kid!).
- Press dough firmly into the prepared cake tine and smooth the base with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the base is lightly golden. Set aside and cool.
- Reduce the temperature of the over to 160 degrees. Whisk the condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp together in a clean bowl. You can vary the taste to suit your taste buds. I like more lemon! Pour the mixture over the cooled slice base.
- Place back into the oven for 15 minutes (or until the passionfruit layer has set when lightly touched). Leave in the pan to cool completely. Cut into slices.
- I leave in the fridge overnight and it's easy to slice up the next day. Even tastes better the day or 2 days after!