This pasta with asparagus sauce is a fresh new take on a different pasta sauce. Even kids love it!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 250g dry tri colour fettuccine
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 200 ml cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Boil some salted water in a pan for the fettuccine.
- Cut the asparagus heads and keep them aside.
- Chop the asparagus, except the final harder part, and boil in some water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus.
- In another sauce pan gently warm the cream with the garlic.
- Boil the fettuccine following the instructions (around 5 minutes)
- Blend together the asparagus (except the heads) the cream (take out the garlic) and the grated Parmesan.
- Drain the fettuccine and dress with the asparagus sauce, the asparagus heads and some shaved Parmesan.
- Buon appetito! :-)