Here is an exclusive sneak peak of one of the delicious recipes – Pea Pesto on Toast from The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
This is an easy to prepare breakfast recipe that will give you an idea of the tasty meals offered throughout the Challenge.
- 15 g pine nuts
- 45 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 40 g fresh basil leaves
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml water
- Salt & pepper
- 40 g wholegrain/gluten free bread of choice
- In a non-stick fry pan, on a medium to high heat, toast the pine nuts until they start to brown slightly; watch them as they can burn easily. Set aside.
- Add the peas to the pan and heat them through for 1-2 minutes, longer if frozen, until they’re slightly tender.
- Place the toasted pine nuts, peas, basil, lemon juice, water and salt and pepper to taste in a blender and pulse until well combined. Add a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil if required to create a nice consistency.
- Toast the bread and serve with the pea pesto on top with a squeeze of lemon.
286 calories, 1197 kJ, 10g protein, 11.8g total fat, 0.9g sat fat, 30.5g total carbs, 5.4g sugars
The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been developed specifically for busy mums. It provides the tools and resources to incorporate healthy eating and exercise as part of a Mum’s regular lifestyle.
Whether it’s looking after a newborn, tending to toddlers or school aged children, balancing work and home, fitting in time for housework and then trying to spend quality time with a partner, there is not much space left in a week for a Mum to do something for herself. Caring for her health and making the change to a healthier lifestyle should be a priority though as it leads to a happier Mum and ultimately a happier and healthier family.
The Challenge provides 28 Days of recipes, exercise routines and support systems to enable a Mum to set some weight loss goals and get closer to achieving these in an accessible way.
Challenge Fast Facts
- 28 days of meal plans, 350 recipes and daily exercise plans with videos
- All plans are created for BUSY MUMS
- All menus and shopping lists are customisable and flexible to suit family budgets
- Plans are breastfeeding friendly
- Supportive community and private group with 1000’s of other mums
Try this recipe out and then sign up for the November Challenge here so you can join 1000s of other Mums in their journey to a healthy and happy lifestyle.