Yum peanut brittle! Quick, easy and scrumptious!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 250g salted, roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup water
- Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Combine the sugar, butter and water in a large heavy saucepan over a medium - high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring gently to dissolve the sugar. Boil rapidly for 10 - 15 minutes, until the mixture turns a golden brown colour. Remove from the pan and stir in the peanuts.
- Working quickly, pour onto tray and spread out.
- Place the tray somewhere cool (leaving on the bench is fine) and wait for the brittle to set (approx 20 minutes). Shatter into pieces and store in an air-tight container