Similar to a jam drop but with a peanut butter cookie.
Ingredients (makes 18 cookies)
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Jelly or Jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. I do this in my mixer as it seems to come out much lighter. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the flour until you have a dough.
- Roll into balls and make a well in the middle. To make the well either press in your thumb and then smooth the edges or use a melon baller to indent the dough.
- Put the jam or jelly into the well. Do not overfill.
- Bake for around 15 minutes. Be careful as the jam/jelly can be very hot.
- Let them cool and then enjoy!
Notes... These are an American inspired cookie. If you can get hold of American style jam/jelly (usually grape) you will have the full experience.