I can’t imagine Christmas without a beautiful big platter of fresh cooked prawns served with lemon and a lovely seafood sauce! Bliss.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1kg Green prawns
- 1/2 cup Rock salt
- 1 bag Ice
- 1 glass/ bottle Beer, wine or cider
- Fill a large heavy bottomed saucepan with water and bring to the boil, throw in 1/2 the salt and return to the boil.
- Fill a large bowl or small clean sink with cold water and 1/2 the ice and remaining salt.
- Throw in your prawns and crack your beer, cider or wine.
- Drink your beer as your prawns boil for no longer than 1 1/2 minutes, prawns will float and change colour when they are done, for small prawns reduce this time and for larger ones increase it slightly!
- Using a slotted spoon scoop out your prawns and throw them directly into the salted ice water, this will stop the cooking process.