This pesto crumbed salmon is a quick and easy pesto recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- 2 salmon steaks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed - to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine basil, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in a food processor. When well combined, add olive oil in a steady stream with the motor still running. Combine pesto and breadcrumbs and salt.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 6cm deep, 20cm x 28cm (base) baking dish with baking paper.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Place salmon steaks skin side down. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until skin is crispy. Remove from pan and transfer to baking dish.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in prepared dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup crumb mixture over top of each, pressing on lightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on fish thickness) or until cooked to your liking. Serve with asparagus and lemon wedges.