Looking for a quick mid week meal? You can’t go past this pesto pasta recipe!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 375 pasta spaghetti (or any preferred pasta)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan in food processor. When well combined, gradually add olive oil in a gentle stream with motor still running.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain water off the pot, leaving approximately 1/4 cup water with pasta.
- Add butter and pesto to pasta while pot is still hot. Combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with parmesan cheese garnish on top.