If you have a pie maker at home, we thought it would be fun to give you some new recipes to try.
This Pie Maker Cheese and Bacon Scroll is super easy to put together (we think even easier than a standard pie) and flaky, buttery, cheesy and just so good you’ll be wanting a second one before you finish the first!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 sheets Frozen Puff Pastry
- 8 strips Streaky Bacon
- 1/2 cup Grated Tasty Cheese
- 1 tsp Butter
- Remove pastry sheets and set on the bench to thaw slightly. Preheat your Family Pie Maker.
- Slice the strips of bacon in half so that you have 16 long very thin strips.
- Gently spread 1/2 tsp of butter over each sheet of puff pastry with a sharp fine tipped knife.
- Slice each sheet of pastry into 8 slices (they should be approximately 3 cm thick but may differ depending on the brand of puff pastry you use).
- Lay a strip of bacon onto each slice of pastry and then place a few strands of grated cheese on top.
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of plain flour onto your benchtop to make working a little easier.
- Take one strip and gently roll into a spiral. Then place this spiral onto the next sheet of pastry and continue rolling. Don't roll too tightly otherwise it will be hard for the heat to penetrate through.
- Continue on until all 16 slices are formed into the spiral. You may find that you'll need to turn the scroll on its side towards the end rather than rolling it like a wheel.
- Using a plastic spatula so you don't scratch the pie maker surface, drop the scroll into the pie maker, seal and cook for 25 - 30 minutes (time will depend on how pie maker and also how tightly you have rolled the pastry and how much filling you have used.