If you have a family pie maker but don’t feel like a full pie (or having to use a knife and fork to eat your pie), you have to try this Pie Maker Fruit Scroll Recipe – easy, quick and delicious on its own or with cream and ice cream.
Once you’ve tried this Pie Maker Recipe, you’ll be adding it to your FAVOURITES list in a flash!
Ingredients (makes 1 Large Scroll)
- 2 sheets Frozen Puff Pastry
- 2 tsps Butter
- 2 tbsps Fruit Mince
- 2 tbsps Crushed Nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds) - Optional
- To make this Pie Maker Fruit Scroll Recipe, preheat pie maker and lay two sheets of store bought puff pastry on the bench (leave the plastic backing in place to help with no sticking.
- While the sheets are still frozen, spread 1 tsp of Butter + 1 tbsp Fruit Mince filling over each sheet of pastry. If you like a little crunch, sprinkle nuts on now.
- By now, the pastry should be partially/fully thawed. Cut each sheet of pastry into 8 long even strips (cut in half, then quarters and then eighths).
- Start with one strip and roll into a scroll. Then sit on the next strip and roll and continue until all 16 strips are in a roll. If you find it a little tricky to roll once the scroll gets larger, turn on its side and wrap the strips around.
- Place the scroll on a double sheet of baking paper and sit inside the pie maker (the baking paper will stop the sweet filling coming into direct contact with the base of the pie maker and burning). If you find during cooking that the top of the scroll is coming into contact with the top of the pie maker, lay another sheet of baking paper over the top.
- Depending on your pie maker and how tightly you have rolled the scroll, cooking time could be up to 40 minutes. We suggest rolling loosely at the centre of the scroll to encourage cooking through.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve and eat as is ... or add some cream and/or ice cream!