A perfect morning or afternoon snack for the whole family. I let my toddler help with the mixing.
Ingredients (makes 12 Pikelets)
- 1 cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 25 gm Butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 180 ml Milk
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and mix in the sugar and salt.
- Add the butter, eggs and milk and whisk until smooth. Stir the mashed banana into the batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of butter or spray canola oil (to stop the (pikelets sticking).
- Pour batter into the frying pan (approximately 1/4 cup per pikelet). Cook until bubbles start to form on top and then flip and cook for around 1-2 minutes.
Notes... I sometimes use honey instead of the sugar in which case I add a little bit more flour to compensate for the reduced amount of dry ingredients.