This is the best treat on a Saturday or Sunday morning.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 egg egg poached in water with teaspoon vinegar
- 1 thick sliced toasted sourdough italian bread
- half avocado thinly sliced
- Toast the sour dough bread until golden brown and lay slices of avocado on top
- Bring water to a boil and then reduce to a light simmer. Add vinegar. Crack one egg into a small bowl. With a slotted spoon, create a gentle swirling/whirlpool of the water and gently pour egg into the middle of the whirlpool. With the slotted spoon, gently remove egg and place on top of avocado .
- Top egg with Jarlsberg cheese and season with salt and pepper