My kids love it when I cook this – definitely beats the tinned baked beans!!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 6 eggs
- Heat a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the sliced Chorizo and saute for 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes. Fill tin half way with water and empty into saucepan. Allow to simmer with lid on for 10 minutes.
- Add drained cannellini beans and cook over low heat (with lid on) for a further 10 minutes.
- While beans are cooking, bring a large pot of water to the simmer to poach the eggs.Carefully place cracked eggs into simmering water and cook until poached to your liking (about 4 minutes for a runny but slightly firm egg). Carefully remove cooked eggs from water.
- To serve - place a scoop of beans on a plate and top with poached egg. Serve with some toast and a sprinkle of pepper if desired.