This porcupine casserole is a super easy, delicious, healthy dish that the whole family will love! A fun and yummy take on a meatball casserole – get the kids in the kitchen and teach them about healthy, delicious cooking! Can be easily made gluten-free by purchasing gluten-free tomato soup & stock powder.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 420 grams salt-reduced, tomato soup
- 415 grams no added salt, crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (in jar)
- 500g very lean beef mince/premium beef mince (can use chicken mince or pork mince)
- 1/3 cup raw long grain rice
- 1 egg white
- Pre heat oven to 190ºC fan forced.
- To make sauce: In a large casserole dish (that has a lid) combine ingredients 1-7 (listed above) to make the sauce. Pour into casserole dish and leave to one side.
- To make meatballs: In a medium size mixing bowl combine ingredients 8-10 (listed above) to make meat balls. Using your hands mix together well. Shape into 12 round meat balls, add to casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.