A great stew to share on cold nights. Very aromatic and tasty!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 500 g cubed pork loin
- zest of 1 big orange
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 1 big sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml orange juice
- olive oil
- In a big pot gently fry the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the cumin and turmeric powder and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pork to the pot, and fry till brown.
- Add the zest of the orange, the carrots, parsnip and sweet potato. Mix well.
- Add 150 ml of water and the juice of the orange (I got around 150 ml). Add salt to taste, cover, bring to a boil and cook for around half an hour.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!