Curry is very much one of my comfort foods. Comfort for the stomach but also for the mind and the soul!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 Baby Potatoes - unpeeled
- 2 Medium Onions - peeled and diced
- 2 Cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 1 piece of ginger - peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 400 gram tin Diced Tomatoes
- 400 gram tin Chickpeas
- 250ml Water
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- Bunch Coriander - finely chopped
- Dice baby potatoes and boil for 20 minutes - until just tender, drain.
- Saute the onion, ginger and garlic in water until onion has softened.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, cumin. Cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes, chickpeas and potato.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes and add coriander.
- If sauce getting too thick add water to thin this out. Serve with rice and garnish with fresh coriander.