Yummy home made potato smiles.
Ingredients (serves 2 | makes 15 )
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon Chopped dry Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potato until soft or until a fork can easily go through, set them aside to cool.
- Remove skins and mash the potato with a fork, they don't have to be smooth.
- Beat egg in separate bowl and add to potato.
- Add the cheese and dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until mixture comes together.
- Flour your bench and roll mixture into a log. And chill for an hour or two.
- Once set, slice log into faces, use a spoon to make the mouth and use the spoon handle to make eyes.
- Heat oil in a pan or deep fryer and place smiles in oil for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place onto paper towel to get rid of any excess oil.