I love pumpkin. It is one of my favourite vegetables and it makes for a great salad ingredient. Combine it with this dressing which is my number one ‘go to’ dressing and you have a salad that can easily be a meal.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Whole Butternut Pumpkin. Peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1 Spanish Onion - diced
- Large Handful Baby spinach
- 8 Tablespoons Flax Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Toss the pumpkin in some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 40 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius. I like my pumpkin really well done as it caramelises to beautifully so just cook to your preference.
- When building salads I am a creature of habit, I always put the greens first, then onions, then put the yummiest things on the top – ie the pumpkin and the chickpeas.
- Blend all dressing ingredients with a hand held blender. Then toss the salad with the dressing until everything is generously coated.
- You really can throw anything into a salad with this dressing. Really a matter of what you have in the house, or what you are trying to use up.