This is a great stir fry dish you can cook in around 15 minutes any day of the week so you can have more down time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Packet of Hokkien Noodles (about 400g)
- 1 Small brown onion cut into julienne
- 1 Medium size red capsicum cut into julienne
- A handful of Snowpeas or sugarpeas
- Half a head of Cauliflower cut in small florets
- Half a packet of Haloumi cheese (about 90g)
- 1 tbsp oil for stir fry
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Juice of Half a lemon
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Sesame seeds
- Put noodles in a large bowl, pour boiling water to cover and sit for 5 minutes, drain. Meanwhile, mix BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, lemon juice and cornflour in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in medium heat in wok or a large stir fry pan, add onion and cauliflower first and saute for 2 minutes, add haloumi cheese, stir frequently till cheese is brown and crisp on the edge.
- Add noodles, red capsicum and snowpeas, stir in the sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy while it's hot.