A treat I made for my 4-year-old daughter’s birthday. Allow extra time for cooling.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 125g Butter
- 3/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups S R Flour
- 3/4 cups Chocolate Chips
- 125g Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp Milk
- A few drops Food Colouring
- Line a 12 tin cup cake pan with cup cake cases. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Cream butter and Sugar until pale and creamy. Add Vanilla Essence. Beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add Milk and S R flour alternatively, beating after each addition until combined. Add Choc chips and gently stir them in. Use an ice cream scoop to evenly divide batter amongst the patty cases. Bake in the oven for 15 -20mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, Beat Butter until pale and creamy. Add Icing sugar and Milk and beat until combined.
- Separate into four bowls. Choose 4 different colours that you like and tint each bowl a different colour. Get your piping bag and open it up. Choose your nozzle of choice and fit it to the end of your bag. Scoop a spoonful and place it on the lining on the inside of the bag. Repeat with remaining colours, placing each on the lining next to the other colour working around the bag.
- Next, close you piping bag and twist the top. Gently burp you piping bag to get rid of any trapped air. Then pipe your rainbow icing on to the cup cakes. Decorating as desired.