Rainbow pie is a delicious and hearty meal, well loved in our family – especially with such a colourful title! Tomato paste and or gravy can be added to the meat mixture if desired. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand – this recipe is very adaptable!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Quality minced beef
- 1 cup Frozen peas and corn
- 3 Grated carrots
- 1 Finely diced brown onion
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 Capsicum - diced
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (for sautéing)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 6-8 Potatoes - boiled then mashed with a dash of butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grate carrot and dice vegetables. Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onion. Add garlic powder, carrot and capsicum. Cook briefly then add the minced beef, cooking and turning until meat is browned.
- Add frozen corn and peas and stir through to combine ingredients well. Add soy sauce and stir through.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes, drain and mash with butter. Transfer cooked meat and vegetables to a casserole dish and top with the mashed potato. Bake in oven for approximately 45 mins. We tend to bake ours with the lid on for the first 30 mins and the lid off for the last 15 or so minutes.