These Raspberry Coconut Squares are always a hit – no matter whether the Mums from school are popping in for a coffee or you’re baking for the school ‘Bake Sale’. And of course with no nuts included, they are always good for school lunches. Ooh I actually want one now with a coffee
Ingredients (makes 12 Squares)
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Good Quality Butter
- 1.5 cups Dessicated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (or Stevia)
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam (or any other jam/marmalade)
- In a food processor combine the flour, 1 cup of the coconut, sugar and butter and process until a dough ball forms.
- Remove from the food processor and press together into a ball. Wrap in Cling Wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Line a high sided baking tray with baking paper (I use a rectangular tray that is appox 30cm long x 20cm wide).
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place on a rolling mat (or a very lightly floured bench) and roll out to the size of your biscuit tray (or slightly larger). Trim and drop into the baking tray. Alternatively you could place the dough ball straight into the tray and roll it in there until it reaches the sides of the tray. Or you could simply use your fingers to press the dough into the tray. You're just aiming for a fairly flat surface on the dough.
- Spoon the Raspberry Jam over the dough and spread evenly with a spatula or spreading knife.
- Place in a moderate oven and cook for 20 minutes (you may need to rotate at 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining coconut over the Raspberry Jam. Return to oven and cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray then slice into squares. Enjoy!