Delicious red velvet goodness!
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 2 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbs Red food colouring
- 1 tsp White distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced).
Place patty cakes into 2 X 12 muffin trays
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cacao powder.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, food colouring, vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- Separate mixture evenly. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool. Serve with your choice of frosting!
Notes... Add your choice of frosting or serve warm with ice cream and/or whipped cream.