Toast your Mum in style this Mother’s Day with this delicious and refreshing fruity cocktail. It only takes 10 minutes to prep and you can make the juice the night before, cover, and store in the fridge. Be sure to give it a stir before adding the sparkling wine. All set for a fabulous brunch/lunch in honour of your mum!
Ingredients (makes 12 glasses)
- 1 Pineapple
- 2 cups Fresh Orange juice
- 4 Medium Bananas
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Grenadine
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon juice
- 6 cups Sparkling white wine
- Remove the skin from the pineapple. Cut it lengthwise into quarters. Cut off the thick core from each quarter. Slice 2 of the pineapple quarters lengthwise into long spears; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chop the remaining pineapple quarters into chunks. In a food processor, puree the pineapple with 1/2 cup of the orange juice. Pour into a large jug.
- Using the processor, puree the bananas with 1/2 cup of the orange juice. Stir into the jug. Add the remaining orange juice, maple syrup, grenadine, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- In each of 12 tall glasses, pour 1/2 cup juice and 1/2 cup sparkling wine. Garnish each with a pineapple spear.