A cute and fun Christmas treat!
Ingredients (makes 12 wreaths)
- 3 TBS Unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing hands
- 300g White Marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice bubbles
- 8-10 drops Green food colouring
- Assorted sprinkles and embellishments for decoration
- Prepare your decorating station: Lay out a large piece of wax paper or lightly grease a donut tray depending on how you will make them, and prep some extra softened butter to spread on your hands. Make sure that all your decorations are out and ready to go, as you have to work really fast to stick them all on, and you need to have them all organised!
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until coated in butter. Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once marshmallows are completely melted, add green food colouring. Start with 7-8 drops and add more until it’s the colour you want. Stir well to combine.
- Turn off heat and carefully stir in Rice Bubbles until they are completely coated.
- For the next part I used a lightly greased donut tray, and placed small handfuls (remember to grease your hands with butter as the mix is really sticky!) of the mixture into the tray, pressing in and shaping them until they were even. If you don’t have donut trays to use, you can shape the mixture into balls with your hands, then make a hole in the centre and flatten until they are round and resemble a wreath
- Working quickly, decorate with what ever you wish to decorate them with. I used things I found at my local cake store, but you could use any small lolly, sprinkles or M&M mini's would work well too. Repeat with remaining mixture until all the wreaths are formed and decorated.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Wreaths will keep at room temperature for up to 5 days.