Everyone loves a great Roast Lamb recipe! And this recipe (at only 11 Smartpoints values per serve) is a winner.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5kg easy-carve lamb leg, fat trimmed
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 6 (750g) small potatoes, scrubbed
- 200g grape or cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Untie lamb and rub half the rosemary mixture onto inside of lamb. Re-tie lamb with unwaxed white kitchen string and rub remaining rosemary mixture over outside of lamb. Place capsicum, eggplant, zucchini and onion in a large baking dish. Top with lamb. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half, then cut slits, 5mm apart, across the top of each potato (don’t cut all the way through). Lightly spray a large baking dish with oil. Place potatoes, flat-side down, in prepared dish. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes in oven with lamb for a further 40 minutes. Add tomatoes to vegetables under lamb and stir to combine. Bake for 20 minutes or until lamb is cooked and vegetables are tender. Cover lamb and vegetables loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 20 minutes before slicing lamb thickly. Serve with vegetables and potatoes.