A quick and easy pasta dish that is light and healthy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g fresh tagliatelle pasta (My batch in the photo was made with the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker
- 4 large red capsicums
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup black olives (whole or sliced)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil (for frying eggplant)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil for dressing
- Dry roast capsicums in a hot oven (250 degrees Celsius) until skins start to blacken. Let capsicums cool completely. Remove skins and seeds and slice into strips lengthways.
- Slice eggplant into slices about 5 – 8 mm. Season slices with olive oil, mixed herbs, salt & pepper. Pan fry lightly in olive oil till golden on both sides.
- Combine eggplant with capsicum, olives, capers, diced red onion, a good glug of extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Cook pasta as per instructions (see my tips below)
- Add cooked tagliatelle to roasted capsicum & eggplant combination. Season well with salt and pepper and dress with extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with parsley.