A very quick no fuss creamy ice cream recipe but oh so delicious especially if you love the taste of the old fashioned vanilla ice cream of yesteryear! You do not need a large serve as it is a little on the rich side. I have made it with the vanilla and without as omitting the vanilla reduces the sweetness. Vanilla essence could be used instead of the extract as it is not as strong in flavour.
Ingredients (makes 15 average serves)
- 600 ml Cream, full fat
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- Chill the cream, then whip until thick and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Gradually add chilled condensed milk and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract if desired and stir in gently until well mixed in.
- Pour mixture into a container and place in fridge freezer to set.