A super easy baked cornbread made using only one bowl! Taking less than 10 minutes to prepare, you will be amazed with the tasty result.
Ingredients (makes 18 squares)
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh romemary finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 400mls milk
- 50g melted butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease and line a 20x30cm rectangle baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Using a large bowl, add in the eggs, milk, melted butter and whisk to combine. Then, add in the spring onions, rosemary, half of the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Mix through. Then sift in the flour and cornmeal and gently stir through with the whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes until risen and golden and is firm to touch.
- Once baked, cut the cornbread into squares and serve warm.