Great meal full of flavour and sure to impress everyone.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 3 Large chicken breast fillets
- 2 Egg whites
- 90g Rice flour
- 75g Plain flour
- 3 tsp Sea salt flakes
- 3 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Oil - to shallow-fry
- Spring onion to serve
- Fresh red chilli (optional), seeded, thinly sliced, to serve
- Coriander (optional) to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Cut chicken into small thin strips.
Use a fork to whisk the egg white in a large bowl until foamy. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Place the combined flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil to 180°C in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add one-quarter of the chicken to the flour mixture and toss to coat. Shake off excess.
- Add to the oil, 1 at a time, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Remove when cooked and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with spring onion, coriander and chilli, if desired, sweet chili sauce