Such a great way to fill lots of tummies! Perfect to reheat for work lunches and freezes perfectly. This recipe would work perfectly in the Slow Cooker too!
Check out the DINNER LIVE with MOM video here:
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 6 Cooked Beef Sausages, finely chopped or minced
- 1/2 cup Bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Lentils, dried
- 400g Tin of Diced or Whole Tomatoes
- 1.5 litres Beef Stock
- 1 med Brown Onion
- 2 Medium Fresh Tomatoes, roughly diced
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- On a moderate heat, gently fry the garlic, onion, bacon and sausages in a large soup pot.
- Add the tinned tomato, fresh tomato, lentils and beef stock.
- Reduce to a gentle simmer and cook for 1 - 2 hours (until the lentils are very soft).
- Serve hot with crusty bread and a dollop of sour cream.