A new take on everyone’s favourite – homemade sausage rolls
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Beef mince
- 500g Sausage Mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 to 2 carrot/s grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- tablespoon Vegetta (optional)
- 2-3 pastry sheets
- Mix all savoury ingredients together.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 3 equal strips, and attach all together end to end, overlapping slightly, wetting the ends to stick. (do in 2 lengths if required, and attach later once filled.
- Place the filling mix along the entire edge of the pastry and carefully roll up. (if doing in 2 lengths, attach 2nd rolled piece now). Start from one end, turn the roll around itself to create a scroll. Brush with egg or milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in a oven at 180deg. for 40 mins or until pastry is cooked through where each roll touches.
- Cut scroll into segments like a pie or cake, and serve with salad and your favorite Relish.