Serve on mashed potatoes with peas. To add a bit more oomph, slice an onion, fry it whilst cooking the sausages and add to final mix.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 10 Thick Sausages
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 Packet French Onion Soup
- 2 Cups Water
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in frypan, add sausages and fry gently until golden brown, remove from pan.
- Drain most of the fat from the pan, leaving about 2 tablespoonfulls.
- Add the flour to the pan, and stir until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the water, stir until combined, return to heat and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Add dry onion soup mix and the sausages to pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.