A quick and easy slice that's good to have on hand for a healthy snack
Ingredients (makes 16 small squares)
- 50 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup or honey
- 3/4 cup Pepitas ( pumpkin seeds)
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 2 tablespoos sesame seeds
- 1 weetbix ( crushed)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup dried mango and apple , chopped ( or your prefered dried fruit )
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 170 deg. ( 150 fan forced)
Line a 20 cm square pan with baking paper, letting ends hang over
- Place butter, sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan .
Stir over a moderate heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool 5 minutes
- Add seeds ,cereals,flour,coconut and fruit.
Mix well until all ingredients are well coated and combined
- Press mixture into prepared pan
- Bake 25 minutes ,until set and golden.
Cool completely in pan .
Lift out and cut in to slices
- Can be stored in an airtight container
Notes... Any dried fruit can be used for this recipe. This time i used dried apple and mango because we had just dehydrated some, but i have used sultanas or cranberries on other occasions. I have also added chopped nuts as well
If you like you can just cut it into 8 bar slices and individually wrap in baking paper and glad wrap ready for school lunches or picnics Yum enjoy!