We all love the taste of sesame and when these are made, they don't last long in our house.
Ingredients (makes 48 biscuits)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line four baking trays with baking paper, and set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add reserved flour mixture, and beat until combined. Add toasted sesame seeds, and beat until incorporated.
- Using a spoon, drop batter, about 1 tablespoon at a time, onto prepared baking sheets, allowing at least 5 cm between cookies for spreading.
- 4. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.