This is a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love. If you like, add some chopped salami or bacon to the stuffing mixture.
You may have some of the rice left over, depending on the size of your capsicums. This can be heated up and eaten with the capsicums, or kept for a salad the next day.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 700ml tomato passata
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 large red capsicums
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 100g goat's cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine passata, garlic and onion in the bowl of the slow cooker. Season to taste.
- Cut the tops off the capsicums, to create a lid, and remove all the seeds and membranes.
- In a bowl, combine rice, goat's cheese, zucchini, sage and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stuff capsicums with the rice mixture and press down to fill them right to the bottom. Replace the lids and stand the capsicums upright in the tomato sauce.
- Place the lid on the Philips All-In-One-Cooker, turn the vent to seal and program on slow cooker high heat for 3 hours.
- Once cooking time is finished, turn the seal to vent and allow the steam to escape. Remove the lid carefully. Serve the capsicums with some of the sauce and fresh bread to mop up all the beautiful juices.