A nice twist on the old spag bol.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Bottle spaghetti bolginaise sauce (i use Dolmio garden vegetables)
- 500g Beef mince meat
- 2 sheets Puff pastry (i found Coles brand the best) 3/4 defrosted
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Tasty cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Brown mince over low-med heat in frypan (you can add onion and mixed herbs here if you like). When mince is cooked add spaghetti sauce and simmer over low heat for about 5 mins then turn heat off and leave aside.
- Lay puff pastry on flat surface and cut into sections. For littlies its best cut into 9. For bigger portions into 4.
- Brush edges of each section of pastry with beaten egg and put a spoonful (1t in small sections, 1T in large sections) and add a small amount of cheese on top of meat then fold the edges of the pastry to make little pillows.
- Put onto baking tray and brush with more beaten egg then put a litte cheese on top and put into oven and cook until golden brown. Can take from 5-15 mins. If bottom of pastry goes soft or gooey then flip the pastry upside down and cook for another 5 mins. Serve on its own or with desired sides (we do with salad or chips)