An easy spaghetti recipe to whip up.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g pancetta, fat trimmed, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 3 cups (90g) baby rocket leaves
- ¼ cup (25g) shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or just until tender. Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pancetta and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Add the chili, garlic and rind and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato, capers and rocket.
- Add the pancetta mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with parmesan.